Tuesday


Well I’ve finally got the Thanksgiving menu figured out. Just gotta run it past Julie to see if there should be any changes and then she’ll email it to everyone. Here’s the menu, there will probably be some changes made to it, because I’ve come to expect shortages in the Guatemala supply chain. Everything is available, just not always when you want it.
There will be about 20 people attending so I’ll need two ten pound birds, since most of the guests want white meat, and I’ll have to have plenty of leftovers for sandwiches. I’ll make stock from the carcasses and a pate´ from the livers to be served with crackers as an appetizer.
The turkeys will take at least three days to thaw in the refrigerator, then I’ll brine them overnight and marinade them for an extra day before putting them in my smoker. 



No comments: