Monday

It's been awhile since my last post, I got really busy in December and January - smoking hams, ribs, pork shoulders, and turkeys.... even had a pork leg quarter! 

I’m sorry to report that one of our great friends has passed away, Carl, of cancer. He had been best friends to Julie for many years, and was the first person I met in Guatemala. He’ll be sorely missed by his wife and family as well as the many friends he had accumulated. I know I will.
Maria-Elena, his widow, will be having a convivial in his memory for about 70 of his friends in March. I’ll supply the food.
In February we went down to Caye Caulker to renew my visa, and couldn’t believe the changes that had taken place since August. Julie and I were amazed at the amount of construction going on. New construction, remodeling, and several places had moved into new quarters since we were here last.
Julie’s sister, who owns Island Magic Resort, wants me to prepare a tasting menu sometime in March. She’s thinking about starting a restaurant for her guests, but doesn’t know quite how to go about it, so Julie and I will offer her some suggestions. It is a good idea that will enhance the hotel tremendously. 

No comments: